All new residents are required to contact Utility Department at Tiffin City Hall for set-up of Utility Account prior to move-in date.
Phone: 319.545.2572 ext 1
Monday – Friday: 8:00- 4:30 pm
New-built units will require the connection of a water meter.
Utility Billing Clerk – Emily Meyer
Water and Sewer service is billed every month at the end of the month.
Meters are read between the 15th and 19th of each month.
Payments are due every month by the 20th of each month.
Payments can be made:
- Online Pay Online with Credit/Debit cards, convenience fee of 2.4% or min. $1.95
- Over the Phone/IVR with Credit/Debit cards, convenience fee of 2.4 % of min. $1.95. Call 319-545-2572, press 8 or 1-877-690-3729. You will need your account number and the jurisdiction code 2513.
- Mail Payment 300 Railroad St. PO Box 259 Tiffin, IA 52340
- Drop Box Lock box located on College St. entrance by City Hall
- In Person 300 Railroad St. Tiffin, IA 52340 Hours M-F 8 am-4:30 pm
- ACH Auto Withdrawal 20th of every month. ACH – Request For Direct Payment
Water service is billed at a minimum of:
Base Rate – $7.00 per month.
Flow Rate – $5.50 per 1000gal or $0.0055 per gallon.
Sewer service is billed at a minimum of:
Base Rate – $19.50 per month
Flow Rate – $4.75 is billed for each 1000gal or $0.00475 per gallon.
There is a $3 storm water fee for residents and $5 for businesses
Sales tax is billed at:
6% for water service for residential units.
Commercial units are billed sales tax at 6% for both water and sewer service.
Recycle fees are assessed at:
$5.50 per unit on residential accounts.
Garbage fee are assessed at:
$11.50 for 35 gallon container
$13.50 for 65 gallon container
City Ordinance requires:
Renters will be charged a $75 Water Deposits on their rental unit. Water Deposits are refundable upon move out and account paid in full.
Failure to pay monthly bill will result in disconnection of water service. Notice and procedures of disconnection of service attached to first delinquent utility bill. (City Ordinance allows Utility Department to assess a $25.00 re-connect fee to billing.)
Water and Sewer testing is conducted as required by the federal and state strict standards. Public Works personnel are certified in Water and Sewer testing and treatment as required. Public Works officials are required to gather spigot water samples from various locations within the Utility Service area. Report immediately any water and sewer problems within city. Emergency telephone 319.631.1698.
Notify Utility Department of move-outs prior to move-out date for final billings. Forwarding addresses must be provided.