close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.


To sign up for services visit: NEW RESIDENTS

Water & Sewer

New-build:  New-build units will require the connection of a water meter.
Moving: Notify Utility Department of move-outs prior to move-out date.  Forwarding addresses must be provided.

Utility Billing Clerk – Emily Meyer

Water and Sewer services are billed monthly.
Meters are read monthly from approximately the 15th of the previous month to the 15th of the current month.
Payments are due the 20th of each month.
You can receive your bills via e-mail or by mail.  Failure to receive a bill shall not entitle the customer relief from penalties for late payment.

Water service is billed monthly at a minimum of:
Base Rate – $7.00

Flow Rate – $5.50 per 1000 gallon or $0.0055 per gallon.
Bulk Water Rate – $10.50 per 1000 gallon or $.0105 per gallon.

Sewer service is billed monthly at a minimum of:
Base Rate – $19.50 

Flow Rate – $4.75 per 1000 gallon or $0.00475 per gallon.

Storm water is billed monthly at:
Residential - $3
Commercial - $5

Sales tax is billed at:
Residential units:  6% for water service. 

Commercial units: 6% for water service and 7% for sewer service.

City Ordinance requires:
- Renters will be charged a $120.00 Water Deposit on their rental unit (effective November 1st, 2021). The deposit stays with the utility account until a year of good payment history where the deposit will be credited back towards the utility account or when the service is terminated.  When that occurs, the deposit is applied towards the final bill and any remainder is refunded to the account holder. The deposit is non-transferable to another location or person.

- Delinquent bills will be followed by a late notice and late fee.
- Non-payment fee will be assessed following non-payment of delinquent bills and utilities may be disconnected.  
- A service charge will be assessed to any customer whose check is returned unpaid by their financial institution.

SOD CREDIT APPLICATION : For new builds, the application needs to be filled out and returned within the first 30 days of sod being laid.  

Water and Sewer testing is conducted as required by the Federal and State strict standards. Public Works personnel are certified in Water and Sewer testing and treatment as required. Public Works officials are required to gather spigot water samples from various locations within the Utility Service area.

Water Emergency telephone 319-631-1698. (Not to be used for re-connection due to non-payment)

Bulk Water: 
Our Fill Station is located near our yard waste dump. 
Bulk Water is available for purchase by using a credit card only.